BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Procrastinate

Dear Hope,

Tomorrow is Eid Mubarak. So, Happy Eid Mubarak to all Muslim. And yes, I'm not celebrating the festive at my mother's hometown like we usually do every year, this year we are going to celebrate it here in town. My mother is cooking downstairs, and the thing that I love the most about this festivity is the food, it's heaven, I want to eat everything - lemang, ketupat, nasi himpit, kuah kacang, rendang, kuah lodeh - urgh, my mouth is watering right now.

Enough about the Eid Mubarak, let's talk goodbad news. While everyone is shopping for the festive season, I've spent my precious money on something else, something which I love so much. I went to KL Convention Centre for the Popular Book Fest, and seriously it's heaven on earth for a book junkie like me. I spent almost RM 200 alone on books. Now, I have 14 books to be read, and where am I going to find the time. Oh, but too bad I didn't found the book that I always wanted, Sophie's World. If I have more money definitely I am going back there and buy more books. Shit!

"A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counsellor, a multitude of counsellors. "


So, what did I bought and what are the books that I have that I need to read:
  • Emma by Jane Austen
  • Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
  • Come to Me by Amy Bloom
  • When You Look Like Your Passport Photo It's Time to Go Home by Emma Bombeck
  • A Marriage Made in Heaven or Too Tired for an Affair by Emma Bombeck
  • The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • A Thousand Splendid Sun by Khaled Hosseini
  • Love in a Torn Land by Jean Sasson
  • Anna Karenin by Leo Tolstoy
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • Rage Against the Veil by Parvin Darabi and Romin P. Thomson
  • The Wedding Girl by Madeleine Wickham - I bought this as a present to my friend
and currently, I am reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

The bad news is that, I have a lot of workloads to be done. ALL need to be submitted or due after the Raya's holiday, and I am not even started to do any of it yet, it's Raya mode, the lecturers are killing the spirit of Raya.

"I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework."

  • Islamic Family Law test
  • International Law assignment
  • International Law presentation
  • Law of Association assignment
  • Jurisprudence presentation
  • PROJECT PAPER!!!
I am tired, when is the break fast? LOL
Till then, have fun and be safe during this festive season.

Selamat Hari Raya
Wish

2 comments:

Patuh Senjakala said...

dik, byase lah tu.
student life camni la.
nanti da keje lagi la letih dik.
hahaha...
oh, dah keje banyak, banyak pulak buku kau beli ye dik.
bijak..bijak..

Wish said...

simpanan utk masa lapang
its not like im gonna read it at the moment
beli for the sake murah
bila lg nk dpt bargain cmtu..
books are an investment